A Common Sense Approach to Quitting Smoking

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Progress

Ron has spent three weeks at 15 cigarettes a day. I like the idea of pausing the program until he feels confident about moving forward. The B vitamins are helping him, as I suspected. They help improve his mood and boost his confidence and delay smoking when he has one in his mouth. A few days ago he said he was ready for 14 a day. It has been tough for him and I think he has dipped into the next day's pack twice already. He realizes that doing this makes the next day tougher so he's careful to only smoke one or two. Seems like the first few days after the reduction are tough for him. Then he gets the hang of it and it becomes a little easier and gains some confidence. He says that phone calls are tough for him - he unconsciously lights up a smoke during long conversations. I think he's engrossed in the discussion and simply forgets about his program. I think that realizing the problem is the first step. Soon he'll realize he's reaching for a smoke and at that time he can consciously decide if it's time for one yet or not. Keep up the good work Ron. You're making it happen, capt'n.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Micky,
    I am trying to contact you about a photo on your blog "beyondwaitressing"..please email me at your earliest convenience.
    Thank you
    jennifer.kaas@nbcuni.com

    ReplyDelete